ApexAZ
Wandering aimlessly

First Name: Brian
Trading: (10)
ApexAZ will become famous soon enoughApexAZ will become famous soon enough
Default Re: First pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
That sounds like a loose piece of tobacco made its way up the draft hole. Make sure to take a prelight draw to make sure you got the right pack, and if you hear that again, just try to repack it, or deal with it if its not gonna bother you.

You'll probably want to start on some aromatics and then move your way on over to englishes(like the straight virginia). My favorite tin of aromatics is Peterson's Irish Whiskey, good kind of hearty aromatic. That said I'm not a fan of the real sweet stuff.

I have a Chacom as well, great pipe, my only complaint with mine is the holes in the stem and shank are off by just enough to make it near impossible to shoot a pipe cleaner through.
I had some difficulty getting a pipe cleaner through on mine as well. I bought some solution to remove tar. Should I use this on a cleaner regularly? Or should I be wetting the cleaner at all?

I got some English blend and it smells very smoky. Like campfire. I'm a little afraid to try it! Once I smoke an aromatic, does the pipe need to be reserved for aromatics only? Someone told me that. Thanks for your advice!
ApexAZ is offline   Reply With Quote