Dux
Lebowski Urban Achiever!

Trading: (24)
Partagas
Dux has disabled reputation
Default Re: A few first humidor questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophetnoir View Post
It finally arrived last night and it is beautiful. I hope to have some pictures up in a few weeks as I am seasoning it now and will leave it largely undisturbed during that process.
So a couple more questions while I wait.
I am using the Boveda Seasoning Packs (four of them) and have put the humidor in a cool, dark place for the recommended ten to twenty days. At the same time I have taken the digital hydrometer and placed in the Boveda Calibration Kit ziplock bag. So my questions then are:
1. How long can I leave the hydrometer in the Calibration Kit beyond the 48 hours it should take to be set?
2. Should I open the Humidor while it is being seasoned just to put the hydrometer back in place once it has been properly calibrated or just wait until the humidor has been properly seasoned before opening it at all?

Thanks again for all of your help and advice.

You might need to play with the adjustments a bit till you get the Hydrometer to read @ the correct humidity. I had no problems using the pack longer than 48 hours but the less you open the pack the better.

Once your done with the Calibration Put the Hydrometer in your cigar box till the Humidor is seasoned, this way you can keep track of how your current sticks are doing.
Dux is offline   Reply With Quote