View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #9
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: A few first humidor questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophetnoir View Post
A. . . I do think that investing in a quality humidor right now makes all practical sense for me and I am very happy with my choice. . . .
And there is absolutly nothing wrong with owning a work of art by Daniel Marshall. After all - who wants to show off their old red Igloo cooler in the living room.

Quote:
The manufacturer’s website states that their humidors do not require seasoning prior to being used.
Should I trust them on this as far as seasoning goes and just calibrate the hydrometer and drop the sticks in when everything in the humi reads that it is ready to go?

I'm not sure that you read that quite right - or they have some conflicting information. But this quote is from their site:

"Depending on the size of your humidor it will take approximately 10 to 20 days for your humidor to become fully conditioned.

The wood absorbs moisture for about two weeks. Once this break in period is complete, your humidor will lock in the humidity and create a stable environment for your cigars. You may put your new Daniel Marshall Humidor to use immediately. "

So yes - you should condition your new humidor.

Quote:
. . . I have seen a tutorial on the heartfelt website on how to remove the foam and replace it with beads. I would like to do this and I am wondering if an order for two 2 oz. bags from Shilala will fit the empty Credo. Would anyone recommend doing this?
Well I would - of course -

Almost forgot that was on his site. I'm sure Shilala's beads would work just fine.

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote