View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 06:17 AM   #12
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hardest thing about smoking a pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Mike View Post
Have you considered a cigar leaf pipe tobacco??????? I think that GLP Robusto has cigar leaf tobacco in it.

Prof. Mike
Personally, I have found cigar leaf in pipe tobacco completely out of place. When I want a cigar, I grab a cigar, not my pipe. The experience and tastes are completely different.

Yes, I have tried a couple cigar blends; from C&D, McClellands, Hermit and McConnells. I am sure there are others out there. I even had one which I blended myself - tried this a couple times - MJ liked it, but I wasn't to wild about it.

So, give them a shot if you want, but if you really want to enjoy a cigar in a pipe, simply stuff one in there. I have done that on occasion when nearing the end of a cigar that I am really enjoying. Given that it is the right ring guage for the specific pipe, sometime they fit exceptionally well by placing the head into the bowl, sometimes needing a little encouragement. Interestingly, it allows you to smoke a cigar totally to ash.