View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 06:47 AM   #3962
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Signed up for next month's whiskey event, 5 course meal cooked by Chef Ed Lee making stuff out of his new bourbon cookbook, come with a copy of the book and 5 pours from BBC to pair with the food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weelok View Post
Total Wine auction option. Looking forward to the Birthday. The Barrel Select is a local option. Have to see how it tastes.
Nice grab! OFBB can be anywhere from "ok" to "dang that's delicious," I've tried a few years but the only one I've ever ended up with a bottle of is 2020 which in my opinions was a "just ok" year. I'm hoping I can trade it for a 2023 to commemorate Melody's birthday, but I haven't tried that hard and would want to do it locally to avoid shipping that stupid bottle. I would have to find somebody who hasn't tried it

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Got some good news last night and celebrated with my oldest Booker's (or bourbon, for that matter). Thank you Theo!
Ooooooldie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Did a little bourbon hunting today. My local store has the WR BP ($150), and Jack 10 ($99). Passed on both. Right now I’m only really hunting ECBP A124 and Bookers 24-01. I have enough to drink right now to go after some of the other HTF’s.
Based on my limited experience (one sample), I'm passing on JD10 every time. Different story if I run across a JD12