Old 12-28-2015, 12:00 AM   #41
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Second Firearm Thread...

Thought I would post my ridiculous gun safe in this thread. Guns later. CCW holder in California and CA law requires you to trigger lock or put in a safe your firearms that your currentry not using which generally means under your control. So if I'm going to have to buy something, might as well be useful.

I spent a bunch of time looking around and bang for buck seemed Sturdy Safe was pretty good and it supports a California business that manufactures the safes on site.

I went with the Model 3224 with the 4 AWG body upgrade. It was quite a bit cheaper last year but prices go up in CA faster then most places but 4 AWG steel safes at this price in the US are hard to find. No fire wall as you will see and that saved me a lot of money. I figure go home insurance if I get a fire as none of my weapons are collectibles.

Here is some pics:

I still need to plumb an outlet inside for a dehumidifier but using a large box of desiccant I picked up on Amazon right now as Sacramento is quite humid in the winter. Summer no big deal.
Weelok is offline   Reply With Quote