View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 04:25 PM   #7
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Rattray old gowrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarmonkel View Post
Being a VaPer I was expecting more of a punch of flavor. I'm still new so my knowledge is only based off of what I've read. I always assumed that aging tobaccos with stronger flavors will have better results, typically. I've read VaPers typically age really well since both of those are good aging tobaccos.
Virginias are naturally sweet, usually not with incredible "strong/bold" flavors. Perique is slightly spicy, with what I can only describe as the hint of prunes. Both however can be rather potent with vitamin N (nicotine). VaPers therefore are probably not exactly strong/bold in the flavor department, but might have a nice nic hit. They do have a great flavor, but often subtle.

It has been my practice to enjoy Virginias and Va/Pers after not having anything to smoke for at least 2 days beforehand.

Latakias however are very bold in flavor, as are orientals. On the other hand, they usually are low in vitamin N.

Latakia blends usually do not age very well as they are a "processed" tobacco. O

Latakia and Oriental/Latakia blends typically age very poorly. On the other hand, since Virginias and VaPers are normally straight natural tobaccos, they age incredible well.

Again, after smoking pipe for some 38+ years, this is just my personally limited experience.

Peace of the Lord be with you.