bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation
Default Re: RH Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bageland2000 View Post
OMG I'm unbelievably impressed that you found an actual scientific research paper to back up your claims. Thanks for putting that time in, definitely did a great deal to help me decide
tim
Edit: ALSO, I'm awestruck at the amount of controversy this caused! I guess when political discussion is outlawed people have to get up in arms about something!!! When it comes down to it everyone here is in a community and no one wants to see new members making decision that could potentially ruin cigars. Long live CA
If you have concluded that unconditioned KL is an acceptable medium for regulation of Rh then you are sadly mistaken. Conditioning to a specific Rh above 50% requires both time and a hygrometer that is much more accurate than the typical digital home hygrometer. Also, the amount of KL needed is approximately 4 to 5 times the amount of Rh beads. Search some of Shilala's research in this forum for more details. KL does a great job of absorbing moisture, but unless you like your cigars at 50%, then you have a lot of work to do before KL will release moisture at a more desireable Rh for cigars.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote