Thread: RH Question
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 10:51 PM   #108
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: RH Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Lucky_13 View Post
There is a very good point to experience and I do value it because I admit not having much. However I didnt just walk down an isle at wally world and say hey this is what I can use for cigars. When I first heard about it I honestly thought it was a noobie prank! Then I did research on it and learned from people with years of experience who learned from others with years of experience using KL. I was still skeptical but figured what the hell and wasted $16 on 8 pounds. I tested it for about a week in a few tupperware containers before I ever introduced it into a humidor. Now I know the KL vs beads is more of a back and forth thing but the way it was attacked in here does annoy me without any other view being allowed. Hell I may even do a side by side by side comparison eventually for more proof of which is better(I would not trust HF or any other bead manufacturer since they have a vested interest in the outcome). Still this is my first day on the site and my views on one thing clearly dont match from what I can tell anyone else. These first interactions with noobs set the tone for them. I went scrolling thru a few letters in the members list there are more than a few whose last day was their first. Now maybe it was they were here for free sticks or other reasons but it can also be the flow of the site and its member that can affect that. Whether the topic is KL vs beads, or humidors vs coolers, cc vs nc or glass top vs hard top, maduro vs connecticut everyone is entitled to those opinions and I think should be allowed to say them rather than team up against them. If you dont agree with those opinions you dont have to read them. Not saying anything bad against any of you tonight and I may have dragged it out a bit but I believe open conversations are good.
Here's the thing you only have a week experience on the KL and you say it already "works". Much more time is needed to really know for sure that it does indeed work.

Also from what people are saying here KL has a problem when the seasons change and whatnot. Now I cannot honestly say for sure that this is the case. But what I will say that the following that has not been mentioned.

1. Generally hygrometers are pieces of crap. Most people would agree that they are VERY temperamental and often do not work at all.
2. Seeing as how you cannot trust these devices you really want to be able to trust in your humidification to keep your cigars in good working order.

That's where we generally have a problem with pretty much anything that isn't beads or active humidification.

If you want to continue discussing this I would please ask you just PM me. I don't mind discussing this with you but I don't think dragging this thread on is going to please the masses. It also seems no one else is really engaged in this topic.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote