View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 08:04 AM   #8
mrreindeer

Default Re: What a morning, the worst thing I've had to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by md4958 View Post
Plus, it seems like the more attractive the nurse, the less he complains... Just like his old man!
Oh Nurse????

Oh man, Scott, that sucks, i really feel for 'ya bud..while I don't have kids yet, we're getting close but have to take the IVF route, should be an interesting month....

I know how you must feel though, I think....I had to hold my childhood dog down when I was about 15 while they put her to sleep. It was awful, but you know what, at least I was there.....I was her owner and we shared a mutual love for each other and I wouldn't have wanted not to be there to lend a comforting hand, stroke and hug.

And even though your son is young, I'm sure he knows you wouldn't do anything bad to him; he trusts you at this point I'm sure and somewhat similarly, you're right there to comfort him through the pain and as soon as the trauma is over.

On a sidenote, I was some punk when I was a kid. At about 8 or so, I refused to let them give me a shot and waited it out for 6 hours in the doctor's office refusing to let them touch me. My mom refused to take me home and said we wouldn't be leaving unless I had the shot. Good for her! I was a brat! So guess who won? Sometimes, extreme measures are needed to be taken. Another time I had to be pinned down because I refused a throat culture...

(good lookin' boy btw!)