View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 11:57 PM   #11
Robulous78

Default Re: Need a Shopping List

Welcome Eli,

Well everyone has their own approach, mostly dependent upon how much extraneous cash you might find yourself with. Also there are a lot of considerations to factor.

As far as humis go, I would say its about presentation. A cooler will get the job done but no matter how many times I see it it always catches me off guard as I associate coolers with ice, and in no way ice with cigars...

If you want to present your gars in style you can certainly spend a wad. Towers are nice but do not have super high capacity, Cabinets have capacity but are expensive and take up floor space, its all about what works for you and your spot.

I would say forego the gel and go straight to bead humidification. Most on the site here do and there is plenty of information all over the place about it. Once again, if you wish to drop a wad there are systems that will monitor track and humidify for you, but most will find them unnecessary unless their stash gets fairly large.

As far as cutters, that is simple in my opinion. For pure cleanliness of cut I give it to Palio. They also have a solid guarantee and will replace in the event that it breaks.

You can, again, blow a wad on more expensive and extravagant cutters, and some are really freaking nice and equally expensive, but a Palio is well respected.

As far as lighters, I would argue 2nd only to our cigars you will find the most variation. Everyone has their favorite. soft flame, 1 torch, 2, 3, quad, burner, cedar matches, cedar splints, hemp string etc... its whatever floats your boat as long as it gets the job done...

Personal recommendation, start with something cheap like a xikar and then move up to something fancier, right now I am looking at a matching palio lighter to go with my palio cutter. ST Dupont's are fancy and cost a ship-ton of money... all about your preference.

As for the gars, I have no recommendations, welcome to the jungle my friend. take notice of the vines, if you live your life right you'll be swinging from every one of them...

Last edited by Robulous78; 11-12-2013 at 12:11 AM.