View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 09:27 AM   #38
Sadden
Its only money...

First Name: Colin
Trading: (0)
Cohiba
Sadden will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How did you get into cigars?

Well , some friends and I all got into the hobby together. Back in highschool we all started out on the gas station crap (you name it we tried it). Then a good friend and BOTL went to cuba for vacation and brought back some fauxhibas. I still remember standing out on my deck , trying to work on a faux RYJ Churchill , it burned like crap , made me sick (wonder why) , it was windy and cold.

After we came to our senses we all realized we enjoyed the camaraderie , and started going to the local place. It was a small gift shop that sold cigars out of a "humidor". We were paying $35/stick for stuff like Rocky Patel 1992s etc. The cigars were always dry but we enjoyed the experience of having real cigars nonetheless.

I bought a small desktop from there (needless to say it leaked like a sieve). Filled it with mostly overpriced CC's and some also overpriced NC's (this is Canada). Found out about online vendors , and bought an aristocrat.

Now a BOTL from a cigar club I am in based out of Calgary , opened up a franchise up here. They have a nice big walk in humidor , and even humidified cabinets for the gas station crap.

I frequent there. But buy most of my collection online nowadays for about 1/7th the cost. Those two BOTL's and I still get together for a smoke at least once a week when we can. And they are coming to North Carolina with me in April to be my groomsmen.