View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 06:59 AM   #1353
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all
Default Re: Homebrewers - Whats in the fermenter?

Started pouring my attempt at a two hearted clone, filled up a growler going out of town last weekend and it is a little hoppier than the original, I did use a little bit more hops than the recipe I was basing off of but that's just because I thought it was low from the start. gonna call his one a Two Hearted IPA

Also a week or two out from my vanilla oatmeal porter being ready to drink, bottled it last week. Very excited about this one, ABV only around 6.2% but I think it's going to be very tasty. If it does work out I'm going to try to use the same base recipe but make it some sort of coffee porter, since that's possibly my favorite style of beer. Anybody have any experience making a coffee porter or stout?

Next up on the chopping block is a Jade IPA redux, I made this as my first all-grain brew at the start of he year in a small batch and it was really good, I think now that I have 6-7 runs done and almost know what I'm doing, a full run of the Jade is necessary. Oddly it doesn't use a lot of Jade hops, but it is very tasty