View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 07:37 PM   #31
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: The Beatles: What am I missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blugill View Post
I'll start off by saying I don't get it. I'm 41, listened to them on the radio when they were on the radio. Was a paperboy in high school and frequently heard the radio documentaries about their life and times every weekend but I don't get it.

I'd be perfectly happy to never listen to another Beatles tune and not regret it. I know a lot of people still listen to them, but I find their stuff tired, dated, and not really relevant today.

Now Led Zeppelin on the other hand!
Preach on, brother!! I'm a decade older than you, and have listened to them all my life. Enough is enough. I liked them when I was younger, but have 100% burned out on them! That's it, plain and simple - Burn Out. I don't have a single Beatles tune on my iPhone or on any of my computers. Just can't listen to them any more. pretty much the same way with Elvis. I recently purchased over 500 LPs from a guy, which had a dozen or so original Beatles album hidden in the lot. Plan on selling every last one of them. Same with the dozen or more Elvis LPs in the bunch.

Last edited by SvilleKid; 12-04-2011 at 07:42 PM.
SvilleKid is offline   Reply With Quote