Thread: Ray Rice
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 01:35 PM   #17
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Ray Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
I understand, as I'm sure Moses does and wasn't suggesting otherwise. Just saying that I personally tend to stear clear of heated topics, yet felt compelled to say I agreed with what you said.
I really don't care about Rice and whether he ever plays in the NFL again. I don't hit people or harm animals, and I know there is no ill will towards me, so no worries. Just want to give an objective opinion on the whole thing.

Harming and killing animals (non hunting) is worse to me. It's pointless to convince each other which is worse; just opinion... If what Rice did was so bad, why isn't he being punished by the State? Vick did Federal time for his crimes. Is there any correlation between the punishment of a crime and the detriment it has to society? There's supposed to be...

Do we know what the precedent for the Rice incident was? Do you think she was antagonizing or "pushing his buttons". Not that either is an excuse for hitting anyone, but sometimes if you push hard enough you get the response intended...