View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 12:09 PM   #1
Rockestone
Anythings Possible

First Name: Greg
Trading: (5)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Rockestone will become famous soon enoughRockestone will become famous soon enough
Default Rocky Patel Decade Robusto

Rocky Patel Decade Robusto

Round 4 of the Tex Cigars review bonanza!! Thanks for all the great smokes Matt!

This round belongs to Rocky Patel and the Decade Robusto. It measures 5 x 50 with a chocolate brown wrapper. What a great day for a smoke....temps in the seventies and sunny with a light breeze.

The Decade has an Ecuadoran wrapper with a Nicaraquan binder and filler. Loaded with plenty of ligero tabacco! Starts off very spicy and full bodied. I can taste just a hint of sweetness. The smoke is grayish white and abundant.

The draw is nice and easy. The burn is even and fast. The ash does not hold up well at all. condtinues to break off on the way to the ashtray!

Halfway through and it has settled in to a nice smooth, full bodied cigar. The flavors are still spicy with a coffee and sweet after thought. Nice.

Working my way down to the nub and it has maintained its flavors. Very consistant cigar.

So, wrapping up, this is a great smoke! The only negative would be the weak ash and the quick burn. My total smoke time was about 40 minutes. I would have enjoyed another thirty minutes with this one.

Rockestone's Rating: 91

Thanks for reading.