View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 08:20 PM   #1
ahc4353

Default Vector Tundra Desktop Lighter

Silverfox (Shawn) just gifted me this fantastic lighter. Wanted to share my thoughts.

Never owned a desktop before. Have always been a guy the loved wooden matches. Maybe because I'm old school, maybe because I'm a traditionalist I'm not sure. Anyway, a short back story. When I joined CS I was gifted an Ronson, (I would have to dig through my notes to come up with the givers name, thank you again) gave it a try and fell in love with it. After using that lighter for a while the matches turned into a nice decoration by my humidor. That lighter travels with me every day.
A while ago Da Klugs posted a thread on how to light a cigar properly. I read it with the mindset, "how hard can this be". Well let me tell you, that thread has helped me have more enjoyable smokes than I ever would have, had I never read it. Using Dave's method, rare is the cigar with a bad burn.

I tell you all of that to show how little I knew about one of the most basic aspects of smoking a cigar, lighting it. If you don't start out right, with the proper tool and proper method you have the potential to have to fight the burn of the cigar and not spend your time actually enjoying it.

With that I will now give a few words about the beautiful desktop that was gifted me by one of CA's best and one of my dearest friends.

First off this thing is HUGE! About the size of a pack of cigarettes. When you pick it up you know you have a hold of something. It's a mans lighter, metal, smooth and heavy. Gun metal in color it's not flashy and I like that. Flip the top and gently press the thumb button three large flames come to life just waiting to light your favorite cigar.

I have not had it long but to-date has worked flawlessly. It is now a fixture in the Habana Cabana (my smoke shack). It's not cheap by any means ($44.99 at Cigarmony) but I would dare say worth every penny.

Thank you again Shawn for such a generous gift that I hope to hand down to my sons one day.