Old 03-03-2014, 06:19 PM   #4
goatfarmer
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Dave
Trading: (0)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
goatfarmer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "Fresh roasted" subscription company

It has been awhile since I last checked but those I have sell the bean but did not roast. There's a co-op coffee bean outlet fairly local (25 miles) where they buy in bulk and distribute the beans, either thru the store of online, not much of a selection in coffee beans or roasting machines. There is another shop directly across from that store designed more for the coffee drinking enthusiast, been a couple months and they did not roast; in the past, owner apparently did not have a set of store hours so it's was hit or miss.

There has to be a roaster in the area, just a matter of finding them. Have to decide how often and distance willing to travel to satisfy my coffee fix. May try the subscription route for couple months, if I prefer the 'fresh roasted' coffee bean over the store bought bean then I can switch to buying the bean online and purchase a small 2-4 cup roaster. Have to do some research whether or not there's a shelf life issue with the green non roasted coffee bean as there is with the store bought roasted??? Appreciate the suggestions!!