View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 11:04 PM   #2
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Black teas - online vendors?

English Breakfast Tea always tends to be mostly dust and brews out very bitter and tannic, at least in my experience. It isn't something I'd go out of my way to drink. That is probably what she meant, not that the Teavana EBT specifically is bad, just that type of tea itself is lousy. The more expensive teas will be whole leaves and are very good, the cheap crappy ones will look like mostly dust, because it's made from the dust that falls off the better teas. Any vendor will carry both crappy dust tea and good whole leaf tea. You really do get what you pay for where loose leaf tea is concerned.

I used to get all my tea from Lupicia, because they had a B&M near me. Teavana is better though, to be honest. When you get a chance you should pick up some Lapsang Souchong or a really good Darjeeling. The Souchong is much easier to brew and tastes like a campfire, the Darjeeling is delicious but pretty easy to mess up and then it ends up tasting too astringent. Earl Grey is the best ever but everyone has their own take on it and some of them are downright terrible and just give me heartburn, so you have to find one that you like.

I hope this helps a little.
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote