View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 12:45 PM   #44
SilverFox

Default Re: Cigar Smoker Poking in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
Whatever you do, don't store pipe tobacco in a cigar humidor or you can kiss it goodbye as a cigar humi...I did that with a small humi intending to only keep it there for a few days...just a few sample baggies of different pipe tobaccos...forgot about it for several months...when I remembered it the humi reeked of pipe tobacco and I'm still trying to get the smell out after using baking soda, and then activated charcoal...got most of the smell out but it needs another go with the activated charcoal again before even thinking about putting cigars back in it...there are several sites where you can buy these little button humidifiers that you use with pg solution...drop one in each tin or bag of tobacco...also Iwan Ries has these little bricks that you do the same with...they're a little bigger so I use them with larger bags and tins...
The 75 ct will likely never have cigars in it again. I have a 4500 count aristocrat that will serve fine for that.

I am thinking of using my 75ct for my pipe tobacco and just not humidify it. Also since all the tobacco is in tins or bags will it be ok to store the pipes in there as well?

Thanks to all for being patient with all my questions