View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 01:08 PM   #1
Buckeye Jack
Havana Daydreamin'

First Name: Jack
Trading: (34)
HUpmann
Buckeye Jack has a spectacular aura aboutBuckeye Jack has a spectacular aura about
Default Coin Collecting/Buying

So I have a question about buying coins. Specifically, uncirculated Silver Eagles. I am just wanting to buy back to 2008 (year my son was born) and start buying annually. This is merely a collectible, I don't care about the investment part of this.....though at the same time I want to make sure what I'm buying or how I'm storing doesn't hurt the value.

My main question revolves around the fact that I went ahead and signed up for (and can still cancel if this makes no sense) the annual uncirculated one from the US Mint. It's basically $40. Comes sealed in a plastic case from what I can tell in the pic.

When I was looking at a site I found online though, they had uncirculated for like half that price, including pre-ordering the 2016.

So my question is why? If I order 2008-2015 for half the price of the annual program, do they just come loose? Not sealed? Is that what I'm paying double the price for? I also noticed the one I am buying from the mint has a mint mark and the older (cheaper) ones say they do not.

I really know nothing about coin collecting, again, just thought it would be neat to buy these for him to have one day. I appreciate any and all information!
Buckeye Jack is online now   Reply With Quote