View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #3036
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Photography Thread

For Hugh, and for them what cares, here are some shots I took from the Wilber's Bar-B-Que parking lot at the
end of the runway back in what was likely 1981. I was stationed at Seymour Johnson AFB, and while I was often
at the end of the runway running checks of systems prior to takeoff, there were no cameras allowed there.
So if I was shooting these shots, it was at Wilber's. Just a note to anyone travelling along the interiors of NC
and you are looking for great BBQ, albeit NC style, check out Wilber's GREAT FOOD.

I never will forget the day I was walking in to eat, a F-14 flew over to land, and I had had up to
that point, NO IDEA how large that aircraft was, I thought it was like a F-4 or similar. That sucker
had to be at least twice the size of a F4. I was stunned.

I had an old "Sears" SLR camera made by Mamiya, and likely the slowest lens you could get, lol. It had the
now rare to find screw mount. SORRY to all about the color and contrast...shooting into the
sun never looks good.

Likely just back from the Dare County Range out near the Atlantic, you can tell its landing
because of the drogue chute.

Same aircraft likely

Quick checks prior to takeoff

Landing at Seymour Johnson, AFB

Last edited by OLS; 07-10-2013 at 01:32 PM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote