View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 06:42 AM   #3026
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Photography Thread

I wanted to post this photo just to show how much it sucks when you don't pay attention.
When I get to the zoo, I bolt for the Lions and if they are out, I just start shooting away.
They are SO DAMN photogenic. Same in N.O., I get there and I am so excited to begin
shooting that I always screw something up, leave a setting tweaked wrong, forget to set
auto-focus, I do something EVERY TIME the shot is on the line. I set up the D90 with a
70-300mm lens, a slow one, and started shooting away with it. I didn't check the histogram
on the first shot, I barely even reviewed the results and adjusted from there. It is my best
camera, why would I think it would shoot poorly? So I shot on this all day, not knowing
that I should have dialed in -.07 in exposure compensation. All my shots were washed out
to some degree. So I had to FIX this shot, and still barely escaped with anything I would
want to show somebody. But the subject matter, this was great. You have to hang
around this enclosure for hours to see this bear do this. But I sensed he was gonna do it.
He usually does soon after he sits down on his butt and holds his feet, which he did a few
minutes prior to this shot. I am getting to know these animals so well, lol.

OLS is offline   Reply With Quote