Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
It seems to me that the pork at both Costco and Sams are packaged the exact same way, whether it's ribs or butts. I've noticed very little "drainage" from the butts from either place, but seems like I've seen such solutions inside the packages I've seen at Kroger and Meijer. I've never bought butts anywhere other than Sams or Costco though. One of these days, I'm going to start getting sides of beef and whole hogs butchered through local farmers who go the all natural route.
Suppliers vary by region. It's possible that the pork at Sam's and Costco in your area comes from the same supplier.

Selection also varies by region, even by store. Sometimes I'll find a certain cut or two or food items at one Costco, but they aren't available at another Costco in the same sales district that is located only 15-20 miles away.

I think most of the pork at Costco around here, is not solution enhanced, but I have seen some solution enhanced ribs at the local Sam's.

If you like all the cuts on an animal, and have the space for the freezer, having sides of beef and whole hogs butchered is a great way to go. Personally though, I don't care for probably 2/3 of the cuts on a steer and half the cuts on a hog. And the ones I really like, there aren't enough of on one animal.

Last edited by T.G; 10-26-2012 at 01:37 PM.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote