View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 01:20 PM   #13
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: Mosca's Chicken a la Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Sorry I was so late in getting back to this thread....Hot oil, I brought it up slowly while I was chopping something,
lessee, it wasn't onions....maybe I was cutting the chicken. Anyway I got it hot enough on low to do some damage
right off the bat, then turned it up as I had the mass of the chicken in the pan. That was the FIRST browning.

Now to Bill on the REAL deal with the meal. I did brown my chicken well for the second time, in the oven on the lower
rack and using the broil element to keep the heat at max and also throw that radiant heat on the meat to brown it for
visual effect. BUT, while my dish looked almost perfect, in reality I over-cooked it. My white meat was dry and my
dark was acceptable. If I had to do it again, I would settle for less browning on the meat and perfect cooking level.
But IT IS GOOD, ain't it Bill ?!?
Damn good !

I'm making some double breaded deep fried chicken today but this weekend I'll have a third go around at it. This time maybe I'll do it in the oven solely.

Yeah it seems it's not particularly easy to brown it good and not dry it out. I settled for less browned chicken the second time. It was very good...I'm getting there. Third times a charm, eh? Well I hope so