Thread: Sous vide
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 08:54 AM   #64
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sous vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Trying to determine if the Wi-Fi model is worth the extra $70.

Aside from better wireless range and being able to configure a router to allow one to communicate with the cooker from outside your home (or wherever you have the cooker set up), is there any other difference between the BT and the Wi-Fi?

Is the phone app even any good? And does anyone really even use it to control the cooker? Play store reviews for the android version are mixed.
Take it for what it's worth, but I don't use the BT/app all that much with my limited cooking with the Anova. The short range, always having to connect when you reopen the app. The one thing i do use it for is to set the timer on the Anova. Easier than on the unit itself.