View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 02:34 PM   #93
CRIMPS
Benn/Seguin best friends

First Name: Zach
Trading: (50)
RA
CRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Properly Seasoning a New Humidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnStogie View Post
I am getting a bit frustrated now with this seasoning thing.

I am blaming it on some leaks which angers me that much more that such a pos was sold to me after specifically explaining what I was after.

Took out the water and within 4 hrs it is down to about 62%.

This is after 9 days of re-seasoning and was reading 69-70% for the last two days.

This weekend I am going to seal all joints inside and outside with the sealant and also pick up some foam gasket for around the edge. Then do the seasoning all over again.

Angers me when I spend 150.00 for a piece of crap 50ct humidor, when if mentioned easily would have spent another 50.00 for no hassle. How much does a decent one cost online? Would be interested now in a 100-200 count. I may just go that route and use a cooler for the time being....

/end rant.
Hopefully, you can fix your humidor. It's possible the humidor sealed pretty well when built/assembled. When humidity was added maybe things moved/changed.

In the event that you want something a little higher quality, you may want to contact waxingmoon. He routinely posts pics of his humidors. Just scroll through the accessories forum for his posts or check out his website for more. No idea what they cost and I don't have one. I just know quality when I see it.

http://www.waxingmoonhumidors.com/
CRIMPS is offline   Reply With Quote