View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 10:13 AM   #42
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Rangers VS Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
A win won't matter jack to the economic woes of Detroit, and since I doubt their fans would "be nice" the net result may be a loss, once all the wildfires and looting is done.

No offense intended, but realistically that's the likely outcome.

I thought you didn't care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
And why would I be? I believe I made it clear that I was already happy with this season, and am never discontented to get a little gravy as opposed to a whole boatload.

Understand this: People who "hate" the Yankees claim they do so because they spend so much money, but that's not true. They do so because the Yankees have had success while spending money to accomplish this. Were they as ineffective as, say, the Os or Mets . . . or even the Red Sox over the past 2 years of missing the playoffs entirely . . . no one would give a damn how much they spend.

Understand this too: The Yankees have won more post-season games than any other MLB franchise. The Yankees have also LOST more post-season games than any other MLB franchise, so a rational fan has become inured to that fact. But perhaps, as a Tar Heel, I have that advantage over many others . . . I've been there many March days, as well as many October evenings.
Sounds like a lot of effort jumping into the Tigers/Rangers thread to spread your "indifference".

BTW, I love the 1984 references to riots. Check your calendar, that was 27 years ago.

You didn't see me ragging on NYC for the "Occupy Wallstreet" communists and their preference for deficating on police cruisers. Nor did I point out your former-governor's penchant for hookers.

Furthermore, the stealing done in Detroit is not done by mobs and looters; it's done by the local government. Ask the Hip-Hop Mayor himself, I think he's out of prison for the moment.

Now go away.