View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 09:27 PM   #10
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Blind ten spot review Part Two

Cigar #1

Construction: 6x52 torpedo, light/medium brown wrapper

Pre-Light: smooth w/ a cedar taste

1st Third: Earthiness and sweetness upon lighting. Very mild so far. Earthiness has subsided, leaving a sweetness and woody flavor. Nose exhale is smooth.

2nd Third: Sweetness persists. Woody flavor is faint. Earthy/leathery flavor returns. Sweetness dissipates by the end of this third. Leathery flavor is the only flavor detected at this point.

Final Third: Leathery flavor continues. Started to get harsh with about an inch and a half left. Purging couldn’t get rid of the harshness so I put it out.

Final Thoughts: This cigar wasn’t bad. Nothing exceptional, but not bad. I enjoyed the sweet flavors in the first two thirds. The wodiness was nice as well. I was somewhat glad for the harshness to arise midway into the final third, as it gave me an excuse to put it out. It lasted over two hours, and I was getting antsy to go back inside. Would I smoke this cigar again? Yes, although I’d probably enjoy it in a robusto size (and a maduro wrapper if possible) the next go-a-round.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote