View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 11:14 AM   #38
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all
Default Re: ion breeze / air purifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
so that should eat up the smoke in the room ? but not create ozone ?
Exactly.
The ions will make the smoke drop out of the air to the floor. It will still smell of smoke, its just "moving" it to the floor and any other surface nearby.

Bear in mind its not a miracle worker, it should, depending on how things are setup, keep the smoke at a reasonable level (keep it from getting overbearing). It's not like you are going to flick a switch and suddenly be "in the clear"... that would require a few thousand bucks on a commercial air handling unit. But for a couple hundred, it should get the job done and will save you the hassle of changing filters. I've used them in the past for just that purpose.

I'll add a slight individual results may vary disclaimer that there are A LOT of different options at there, as you have seen. The particular machine I had did the trick. They are all, more or less, the same thing... so theoretical they ALL should "do the trick"... but *shrug* there's always that element of unknown