Old 04-30-2020, 02:08 PM   #5
Brlesq
Carpe cigar!

First Name: Bruce
Trading: (17)
Montecristo
Brlesq will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cigar Federation

The over-the-top hype on each release is an Ezra Zion (EZ) trademark. Before Cigar Federation (CF) was acquired by them, CF sold mostly boutique cigars and had their own line of exclusive cigars and limited releases (ex., the Color Project), and many of them were quite good. EZ never sold any cigars except their own regular release lines and the occasional ultra-limited release (which usually numbered in the low hundreds of cigars), and many of these were quite good, and a few were even spectacular. But the EZ marketing tactic was always the over-the-top hype speckled with lots of BS. Since their limited releases were so few (maybe 4-5 a year), the marketing emails and hype was infrequent, and unobtrusive. But as their fanboy club grew, the price on their offerings started to jump up by $10 per 5 pack, so I bought fewer and fewer. I've smoked some great EZ cigars, and I've sold many that were disappointing after I bought them.

Now that EZ owns CF (and Nomad Cigars, too), the bombardment of emails all proclaiming that each cigar "is the best one ever made", "an ultra-limited, micro-batch" and "you gotta buy them now, these will sell out" becomes less and less believable with each email they send. I used to be a frequent customer of both sites, and now I won't even open their emails most days because I know it will be its "fake cigar news". Oh, and some of the limited run releases supposed to be limited in number, never to be made again . . . well now they are made again and not so exclusive or limited. Heck, as I go through my emails, I see there have been 5 "ultra-limited, micro batch" cigars released since April 27!

Last edited by Brlesq; 04-30-2020 at 02:15 PM.
Brlesq is offline   Reply With Quote