Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation
Default Re: Official MMA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans105 View Post
I've been an intermittent fan of MMA and wasn't really familiar with Rousey's exploits. Spent an hour or so watching Youtube replays of her fight...some of those armbars looked career ending. Holy crap...you could almost hear that capsule pop. If she works on her standup a bit, she'd be unstoppable...not that she's really stoppable now. I guess, MORE unstoppable.
Yeah her armbars are pretty nasty! The flying armbar win over Sara D'Alelio was nothing short of amazing! I cannot wait to see if she will develop as an overall fighter or if her one area of expertise is enough to keep her on top in a shallow women's division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner123 View Post
I think GSP will coast to a decision win, announce his retirement and then start coaching and promoting Rory MacDonald. Who by all regards is a scary young man.
LOL. I sincerely hope he does not do that. I believe GSP still a lot of good fighting years left and I would love to see him take on some other challengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfanatic View Post
GSP is going to fight Silva IF he can get past Condut. He has worked too hard to retire. I believe he will move to 185 though so Rory can advance in the welterweight division.

Rousey is a beast. She is very very good. Hopefully they can get Cyborg to move down to 135 and fight her. There is no one else close to challenging her.

Can't wait for the Diaz/ Hendo fight as well as watching Chael Sonnen get under Bones Jones skin for 16 weeks on TUF.
See to me the GSP/Silva fight isn't that big of a draw. We are going to see two guys dodge and feint around each other for 2 whole rounds before they really start doing anything. I see it as a fairly boring fight and then BANG its over.

Randy Couture said yesterday that he thinks Sonnen has what it takes to beat Jones. What is he smoking? And where can we buy a box? LOL
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote