Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 08:02 AM   #316
kickerb

Default Re: Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
Strange I guess I am somewhat alone then or maybe just overly critical. I can't understand why Daenerys Targaryen had zero screen time again. The dragons and whatnot have interested me as to where they will go with it and IIRC with the last 2 episodes she has 1 minute of screen time. The dragons haven't had much screen time either and they were the BIG introduction at the season 1 ending...how deceiving.

Also Jon and the wildlings do not show up in this episode. No one in karth or whatever is in the episode. Also IIRC Rob Stark wasn't in the episode or Lady Stark. Arya Stark wasn't in the episode.....I could continue on but really the only key people in the episode were the Lannisters and Stannis's army. So I have to say....filler episode for the second week in a row.

This show REALLY needs more then 10 episodes per season, they are leaving out people all the time. I can't understand how with SO many key characters you have so few episodes. They are trying to tell an epic story with many people and trying do to it in 10 episodes with a few filler episodes here and there.

I also didn't find the battle to really be on an epic level. The ships getting taken out was really cool but after that it really felt small scale. Definitely not the massive army I was hoping for.

I had also assumed there would be more wellfire or whatnot. The ship was loaded but I figured they would be throwing it down on Stannis's army as well.

Seems like the Lannisters had half a plan and Tyrion had to improvise.

Not really a rant but I'm done.
From what I have gathered, Daenerys Targaryen and her dragons are not all that relevant in the second book, therefore not getting screen time. Some one correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree that they need more episodes. But, this episode was titled blackwater. It was all about the battle. And I can see where some viewers would be disappointed with it. I loved, for one fact only...they didn't skip the scene! Many other battles have happened where we see the start, and then the end with no actual battle scene. It was awesome to actually see some gory battle action.

I think you might be forgetting that the show is based on the book, so if a character is not getting screen time, it is simply because they are not getting book time. I have heard from people who read the books that you can go hundreds of pages before circling back to a particular character.

With all that being said, the show is called Game of Thrones, I would hardly call this last episode filler, as it was a major fight for the throne.