Old 01-25-2017, 08:50 PM   #11
billybarue
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (5)
billybarue has disabled reputation
Default Re: Back surgery input

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceolee View Post
I've been working in physical therapy for 17 years now and I've done inpatient therapy and outpatient therapy. The best recommendations I can make to you is avoid and orthopedic doc to do your surgery and go with a Neurosurgeon instead. I'm sure there are many fine Ortho docs that can do amazing fusions but when the rubber meets the road and after 17 years of working with both, Neurosurgeons always seem to get better surgical outcomes than orthos. That's just my and if you have any questions just let me know
My wife is a pain Doc in a neuro group. She did her residency at Stanford and pain fellowship at Harvard. If you try the pain doc route make sure you get one with a fellowship specialization in the field. Lots of Docs claim the title. Even still; PT, steroid injections, nerve oblation, spinal chord implants can only do so much and for certain situations.

If cutting time comes I'd suggest sticking with the neurosurgeons as well.