View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 08:23 AM   #328
wayner123
Country Gentleman

Trading: (159)
Trinidad
wayner123 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Let's see those '11 gardens!

I know I should have taken more pictures, but I didn't. I must say this year was the most productive and easiest year yet. The square foot garden with mushroom compost is certainly the way to go. I had more bell peppers than I could handle and the plants were huge!! I also got a ton of beans (contender is a easy and quick bean) and the soy beans were awesome as well ( I need to plant closer next year). The tomato's are still producing and I got some pics of those. Thanks again Jaime, I am going to try and grow at least one of each seed you sent. It may take me 20 years, but it should be fun!

I have already started on my winter garden. It was 76 here on Saturday and I was afraid my lettuce would bolt. But it's doing good. I have some black seeded simpson, some soloist chinese cabbage, rocky top lettuce salad mix and some danver carrots. I must say these carrots are coming up waaaay quicker than before. I think that is due to using fresher seeds and carrot tape.

I'll get some new pics of it all. But again, SFG is the way to go!

Lastly, I should have a treat in the spring which I'll show you all. For now it's a secret.