View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 02:09 PM   #113
Lonely Raven

Default Re: Cigar Smoking Technique

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemoney View Post
i use a zippo usually to light my cigars.. i have a butane but have not found easy way to fill the lighter to use.
Ugh, Zippo fuel tastes terrible. I wouldn't like a nice cigar with that.

This is a great thread.

I tried the 3 match thing using cedar spills. It took a while, and I swear the cigar had more woody taste to it, and seemed to not be as harsh as the one I had before it. It could (probably) just be that I was taking my time.

I guess I'm not doing too many bad things, seeing as how I've only been smoking cigars for about a month now. I figured the exhale through the nose thing on my own, seeing as how taste has to do with the nose...it still took me a while to figure out *how* to do it without swallowing smoke or inhaling. The first few times I wound up with an upset stomach and belching ashtray flavor...Ugh that was bad.

As for cutting, I'm finding I prefer the punch for everything with a smooth cap. The pigtails and the like I'm using a cheap $2.50 cutter. If I still with cigars, I'll probably pick up a nice boutique cutter. I'd also like to try one of those shurikin (sp?) cutters, but I'm not a cigar biter, so I don't think it will work with me.

Again, great thread!