View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 10:11 AM   #24
BSB
Feeling at Home

First Name: Bob
Trading: (13)
Partagas
BSB will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Information On Home Roasting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
I got to know Russ pretty well. Russ spoke well of the new owner. As for him being a buy & sell kinda guy, isn't that what he's in business to do if he's going to make money? I also think that in taking over the business when he did, he got it during an economic downturn.

The part about ordering and getting two different things, that is bothersome.
I liked Russ, too. As far as the buy & sell, let me clarify. Some of the companies, like SM, go out and meet the growers, visit the plantations, check on the processing, look for the best beans at the source. I think CBC just gets samples from his suppliers and buys what looks good, marks it up and passes it on. He doesn't really KNOW what he's got. Again, just my

Yeah, it was Purple Mt Kona. The first pound was awesome so I ordered 10 more. What I got did not look the same (I still had a little of the first pound left) or taste even close. Needless to say, that was my last order from them.

And as for getting kickbacks, I have never even gotten a discount coupon from SM, EVER! That actually pisses me off a little, I have spent a lot of $ there.
I've gotten a few small samples from Uncle Beanz, not really kickbacks. I just like Norman personally, a lot. And I love that he is just 1 guy, busting his hump, trying to make a go of it. And, he has a limited selection and ALWAYS top shelf stuff. And he smokes cigars