View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 06:38 PM   #450
TheRiddick
Non-believer

First Name: Greg
Trading: (7)
TheRiddick will become famous soon enoughTheRiddick will become famous soon enough
Default Re: J! E! T! S! Jets! Jets! Jets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujponds View Post
How about discussing something OTHER than Sanchez just once? You act like you are some "experienced expert" and you have been a Jets fan for what 30 years? Why is it that you have nothing else to add other than complaining about Sanchez? Have YOU ever played sports? Do you understand how one position can be affected by other positions? Do you understand how much of a factor chemistry plays in sports? When you did play sports did you scrap your season ifyou had a weakness at a certain position?

Do you have anything to add that isn't Sanchez related? You realize there are 21 other starters right?

As far as my rose colored glasses are concerned, I am a fan of the Jets. When I watch games I watch the Jets not just the qb. I go into every season, game with hope that they will win and until the clock hits 00 I continue to have hope. What is the point of watching if that is not how you feel?
Have no idea if you ever watched Ken O'Brien back in the day. He was knocked senseless pretty often due to front line not giving him protection, much worse protection Sanchez is getting these days on top of rules back then not protecting QBs as much as today. Yet, he got up every time with fire in his eyes to drive the team further. Pennigton, not physically gifted, but he made the team play that much better and harder. Sanchez? Oh, my nose got broken last week, wah... wah... wah... mommy, hold my hands please... What a *****... How can anyone on that team play up to their potential when they have a ***** for a QB? Tell me. Please.

Yeah, I know a bit about sports, been in sports all my life, you name it. Basketball, volleyball, swim team, soccer. Although declined to join HS wrestling team, just not my thing. Stopped playing competitive soccer ~2 years ago when my MCL got damaged in a game, but yeah, up until then was playing against college soccer guys (UC Davis & Berkeley soccer teams) without much strain and beating them, while being ~20 years older. So, yeah I think I know a bit about sports and what it takes to play.

Sure, football is a team sport, yet I dare you to show me one team going all the way with a QB that has no HEART. It all starts with a QB and trickles down the line. When your supposed leader plays like a girl and without heart your own play making is affected, BIG TIME, whether you want to admit it to yourself or not. Been there, done that. Without a leader there is no winning. When a QB doesn't play, the rest of the team alters their playmaking as they second guess what the hell is going to happen on the next play, will the idiot actually grab the ball on the snap or not, will the idiot throw to an opposing player or not, will the idiot fumble the ball or not... EVERYTHING TRICKLES DOWN at that point and the entire team is affected.

If you still don't understand how QBs playmaking affects the rest of the team and to what extent, there is not much left to discuss.

And yes, when I played against better players/teams it only fired me up all the more to play better. Not go to the sideline with indifference. Regardless if I hurt my pinkie or not on prior play. Sanchez is CANCER and it is a waste of time to discuss any and all positions at this time since HE affects everything that happens on the field. Defense compensated last night, as much as they could. I could give you a good count of times when we had open receivers and the idiot threw into coverage instead or worse yet, fumbled the ball unable to grab it from the snapper.

I guess we're talking different things and levels here, it is obvious you are just a fan and haven't really played seriously at any level. Read some of the sports writers in today's papers, my take on this is not that much different than theirs. Not that I need nor am I looking for "validation" of my views.

Chalk this season as done, we won't make playoffs IMO. Like I said before, at least next season we'll have a chance to make play-offs with much easier schedule. Hopefully, we'll even have a chance at grabbing a real QB in the draft. That's the only upside so far to this season. Tannenbaum is usually shrewd in his deal making, not the past 2-3 years, though, when they grabbed Sanchez and let go of Washington, Woody and others.

Anyway, we obviously see the game very differently. Seems you are content with the so called QB we got. Good for you. Just keep extending that Photoshop Channel, its obviously a much more enjoyable way to watch Jets, especially this season.

Do I hope Jets will win a SP? You bet! Main reason I am so charged up with Sanchez, most any other QB would do for us this year... Hell, anyone who could actually grab a ball at snap would do...

Been nice talking to you, a true Jets fan. Not like the rest of us, plastic ones. Looking forward to becoming a true Jets fan myself, just need to call my cable provider to sign up for that Photoshop Channel.

Time for a stogie and mojito. Over and out...
TheRiddick is offline   Reply With Quote