View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 01:59 PM   #8
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I'm interested.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEC_Tech View Post
I have a couple of questions maybe someone can help me out with.

1. Cobs- I heard they are great starter pipes
2. Beside a cob, what is a good beginner pipe to work with.
3. Tools?
4. Lighter - will my gar torches work?
5. Baccy - what is a good blend to try. I'm a seasoned cigar guy. Does it matter? I just don't want to buy the Phillie blunt of pipe tobacco.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to do some reading now, there's a ton of threads...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnster View Post
Welcome to the dark side!

I would totally suggest starting with a cob, make sure it's a Missouri Meerschaum.

Only tool you'll need is a pipe tool.

For tobacco. My favorite drugstore brand is Carter Hall.

Pretty much what Spencer had to say Armondo:

1. I'd go with a Legend and/or Mark Twain cob. Any Walgreen's carries both at around $7 bucks + local tax. Both have filters, so you may want to pick-up a box or two of Dr. Grabow filters. Filters should be replaced after 5 to 6 bowls have been smoked per cobb.

2. A Czech 3 n 1 tool is the "basic" all you will need tool, and will last you a life time too. You can tamp tobaccy and dig around in your bowl and shank with this baby.

3. BIC soft flame lighter (a dime a dozen at *almart).

4. Tobacco: Nothing wrong with the Carter Hall, but... if you get numbers 1 through 3, shoot me your addy via PM and I will get a very small sampler out your way to take care of #4.