View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
ahc4353

Default Three Finger Cigar Case Hand Crafted By One of Our

Sorry for the delay in posting Jeff I'm sure you understand.

A while ago Jeff (stitch) sent me a cigar case that he had made and asked for honest feedback so he can improve his product. (He also sent three very nice smokes)

Anyway I sent my comments via PM and Jeff said that I should post here for all to see. I have included a copy of my PM to Jeff as well as some photos of this fantastic gift.

Thanks again Jeff, it will always be treasured.

Copy of PM to stitch
Jeff, first and foremost, thank you for such a beautiful piece. I hope to hand it down to Jr one day. And you happened to hit 2 of my favorite NC's. Amazing.

You ask that I be honest so I will. Two small things I found.

1. The latch strap was slightly off line from being straight. One side is on the 2nd or 3rd stitch and the right the 5th. I think if you look at Daves it's off as well just not as much.

2. The inside seems rough to me. I am concerned that I might damage the foot when I put the cigar in. I would choose to line it with something very soft. I think you said calf skin.

The weight of the leather is fine to me. Some might find it to heavy but I like that "feel".

I tell you this because you asked. The "flaws" if you wanna call it that are what I would consider fine and in line with a hand crafted product. Your prices are more than fair. Honestly I don't think you can really be making much. Paying more for a hand crafted product is ok by me.

It means more to me that it was made by you with your hands, for me.

If you want me to copy this to a thread I will. If you don't that's fine as well. Let me know.

Thank you again Jeff for trusting in me to give you my thoughts.

All the best to you and the Misses,
Al

Jeff's work is soon to be available in the Troop Support Store!!
Just click my signature banner and take a look.