Old 03-17-2012, 02:03 AM   #91
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (2)
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: iPad 3 (The new iPad)

Well 1 of the 2 that were delivered on pre-order (my wife's) had an absolutely horrible screen, some sort of manufacturing defect I'd expect. It was bad enough that when I showed her both her new iPad and her old iPad2 on the same photo without telling her which was which she thought the iPad2 looked better. Went to my nearest local Apple store, where I've always had amazing service, to exchange it only to be told that the online and retail stock is treated completely differently and it needs to be replaced via AppleCare through the post. Apparently this is the case for ALL devices ordered online.

That has got to be the absolutely stupidest system I've ever heard, totally defeats the purpose if I live in a city with 4 Apples Stores and can't get any of them to service/replace my device under warranty if needed. Apparently Apple has learned it's lesson about retail stock though because at 8PM on launch day they still had available stock for all 6 models. Bought 2 new iPad's in the store and will be calling AppleCare tomorrow morning to arrange for a return of the two I pre-ordered. Also decided to purchase the 32gb models instead of the 16's after seeing how much more space the pics off my D200 use now that the iPad can display them at much closer to their native 10megapixel resolution.
mithrilG60 is offline   Reply With Quote