View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 12:36 PM   #12
Golfman

Default Re: Vinotemp Runs Constantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospector View Post
What temperature are you trying to maintain inside the Vino? Anything below around 67 F is overkill and could possibly be contributing to your problem.

Also, is it a Vino with a thermoelectric cooler or one with a compressor cooler? The compressor coolers get much colder at the coils and will almost always condense out moisture. Thermoelectrics are the way to go for cigars.
I live in a crappy walk up apartment in NYC... During the summer months the ambient temp in my room approaches probabyl about 98 degrees... the temp in the Vino at its highest is around 80 degress but thats rare... it reaches about 78 when i get home and the humidity is usually about 55%. When I turn the AC on the temp runs down to 67 but the humidity remains at about 55%. The humidity is higher on the bottom about 65% because the humidity isnt condensin on the bottom only where the fan blowing in is the humidity really low for my tastes.

I had no idea that there were different types of Vinotemps. I just bought one. How do i know if its thermo electric or compressor cooled? I just ran out and got some putty. I'll seal up the drainage hole for good when i get home and recharge the beads... I'll update you all and see if it makes a difference