View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 12:07 PM   #53
Beagleone
Feeling at Home

Trading: (18)
JL
Beagleone will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Airport Security At It's Best

Last week, I flew up to Detroit and this week I was up in Chicago/Milwaukee. The first trip, I was taken aside at the gate and searched again, this time with a full pat down. I thought that TSA wasn't doing these anymore, but basically I felt violated. They did check my bag, but very basic as compared in years past. Of course I carry on all of my cigars with humidipaks in each container that they don't even bother to see what they are. No problems with my Palio cutter or soft flame light (I check my Xikar torch lighter). I also carry a laptop, Nikon D90, and other things that I don't dare put into check luggage.

On this trip, I wasn't searched, but amazed when I got there and discovered my make shift cigar poker made it in the 15 ct. humidor and wasn't even questioned.

As a rule, I do print up the most recent copy of TSA rules and carry them with me so that I have some leg to argue with when questioned on cutters or lighters. When packing for checked, I put items in separate zip locks (cologne, shampoo in one, knife, secondary cutter in another, etc.).