View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 06:50 AM   #2475
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Photography Thread

Oh I definitely understood you, I just had to tell that story one way or another. You know I cain't be havin
no 2 line posts. What would people think? If I go down there by myself this weekend, I will take a light one
with me, and I always have my tabletop one with me. I will be there Friday, but might have my gracious host
with me one one of a few trips I have planned. I gave him one of my old point and shoot "DSLR lite" cameras
with full manual controls, etc, and I think he is kind of needing to go with me one time so he can ask the right
questions at the right time. Other than that I do not think he would want to hang out with me doing that kind
of thing.

But a tripod is your friend. I have 25 years producing TV commercials, I am definitely an advocate, lol. We will
see if it makes a difference. On a related note, I bought an old manual Focus 24mm 2.8 yesterday, won't have it
in time to go to NO, but I bought it so I could have two camera bodies with low light lenses if I ever got to NO at
2am again, lol. I have a 1.8 50mm and a 1.8 35mm, but they are STILL too tight once you put them on a crop
sensor body. I need wider than that, and almost got the 20mm, but it was too pricey and the 24mm specced
out too well. "THEY" say it is a great old lens. 9 elements and just fantastic optical quality. On a DX camera,
ehhh, we'll have to wait and see.

On another related note, I am having too much fun messing with this shooting for money deal. I can't be a pro,
because as long as I have been 'taking pictures', I have always had one mantra, NO WEDDINGS. And if I was an
actual pro, it would cease to be fun. And I am having fun. Once all the low-hanging fruit is picked at work and
in the family, we will have to see if I can sell anything. But it is FUN taking the stuff knowing the goal, and its
driving me to get out and walk and shoot and go places. I am a homebody hermit. This gets me out.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote