Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation
Default Re: Photography Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
BTW: nice photo, but I'd change a few things.

1. rule of thirds: having the subject perfectly centered doesn't work as well as having them in the right or left third (in this instance)

2. the image looks flat: try popping up the contrast, sharpness, and tweaking the saturation a little.

3. lighting is a little off: note the shadows behind the subject. you'd probably be better off with some additional light placed behind and to the right of you ... but Carlos will probably have a better suggestion than that.

I put up 3 pics... the third one I played with hue and saturation, etc. The first two are just straight out of the camera with no changes made (aside from size). I typically do follow the rule of thirds (as evidenced by the other 2 shots), I just figured I'd have one of them dead center so they don't all look the same. I also typically do a bunch in PS, but I just wanted to throw some stuff up there. I may go through and do some work to them at some point.

Lighting is where I feel I really need the help... understanding that better would be key, I believe. Thanks for the suggestions, though... this one thread has taught me more than any other source!