View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #15
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Super Bowl & Madonna...

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
Mudonna= Meh.

The average football fan has about the same interest in that broad as a scented candle sale at Kohls, is my supposition.

Madonna at halftime= hunting for meat/tossing a ball around/beer restocking/dropping the kids off at the pool/ad infinitum break.
Oh, and by "much better choice" do you mean that you vomit slightly less while watching it? Great review.
The halftime show for the super bowl isn't about drawing the average football fan. Those people are already watching the game. It's about drawing more people that wouldn't watch it otherwise.

I don't listen to Madonna by any means although she was good back in her day. She was probably too controversial to put on when she was still popular. If it were my choice, I'd get rid of these damn halftime performances for thanksgiving day and the super bowl altogether. I don't give a rats behind about the stupid choreographed performances by 3000 kids on the field and people running up to the stage to watch 3 songs. Last year was one of the odd years that I did watch and seeing slash come out was cool. Every year it's a retread rock band, hip hop, or country performance. But yeah, it'll suck less than previous shows.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote