View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 07:27 AM   #9
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mosca's Chicken a la Grande

Sorry I was so late in getting back to this thread....Hot oil, I brought it up slowly while I was chopping something,
lessee, it wasn't onions....maybe I was cutting the chicken. Anyway I got it hot enough on low to do some damage
right off the bat, then turned it up as I had the mass of the chicken in the pan. That was the FIRST browning.

Now to Bill on the REAL deal with the meal. I did brown my chicken well for the second time, in the oven on the lower
rack and using the broil element to keep the heat at max and also throw that radiant heat on the meat to brown it for
visual effect. BUT, while my dish looked almost perfect, in reality I over-cooked it. My white meat was dry and my
dark was acceptable. If I had to do it again, I would settle for less browning on the meat and perfect cooking level.
But IT IS GOOD, ain't it Bill ?!?
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote