View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 08:51 AM   #75
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Being a Hockey Parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Nice pic. Looks like a good hit.

Lindros?

His number was an accident of sorts. We have always had this little picture hanging in his room of 3 little boys sitting on the ice, all you can see are their backs and numbers. They were 66, 88 and 99, with the respective colors for each real guys team.

Cam never really gave it much thought, in fact for Mite and his first year of Squirt he was 44 in honor of Adam Dunn. A new boy joined the team and he was a whiny little guy, his mom came up to us on the very first day and said that her son was devastated that 44 was taken because he always had it.

I asked my kid if he cared about 44 or not and he said 'Who cares, I'll just take 88, its twice as good as 44 anyway'

So after that, he learned of Big E, and that he had actually been to a game to see him play (well really we were there to see the Pens, but Lindros was playing that game. Cam was about 3 months old when we went to that game in '99, but we have the pics to show him).

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote