View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Project of the Day : New Computer

I started building a new computer for myself a couple days ago. We've been super busy with the holiday and appointments and my "building shelves in the garage" project and stuff, so I've only gotten to beat on this thing for an hour here, an hour there.

At this point, I've jammed most of the components in her. Some of the brothers here were a big help picking out components, my shopping list is right here.
Basically, it's a six core AMD, 9.8TB, 16GB RAM, dual PSU monster in the sweetest full tower aluminum chassis I've ever seen. If I can't take over the world with this rig, it can't be taken over. Period.

Right now I'm daisy-chaining the two Corsair 650 watt PSU's together. The tower is too high to use a splice kit that's offered around the net, so I'm doing it by hand, soldering and heat shrinking all my wires. As soon as that's done, I can plug stuff together and see if she'll post.
If she does, then I'll spend hours managing the wires and making them look like something.

I had to take one of the 290mm fans out so the case would accept the second psu, which I'm not happy about, but it was overkill anyways. I may look at modding the case to get it back in there.

Anyways, here's a lousy pic of where I'm at right now. I'll post some decent ones when I get done-ish.