Chris.
PSHC!

Trading: (25)
Partagas
Chris. will become famous soon enoughChris. will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Corretto roaster, or how to start roasting for less than $100.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedrodgerscpa View Post
A skerton sounds like a great idea until you crank that M.F. about 10,000 times, and then you hate it.

I have a vintage hand grinder that I hate with a passion. It makes a great grind, but I hate it.

My guess is krups or cuisinart will get the job done. Just expect to upgrade should you want to dabble in espresso / turkish / pour-over. Hell, anything listed as a 'burr grinder' on buy.com, w00t, groupon, living social, whatever should do the job. That way you're not blowing your budget.

A 'decent' grinder will run about $175 to start, and the sky is the limit. If you're gonna go cheap now, might as well go really cheap. Just my
Ted I ordered a Skerton. Going to replace the crank with a hex nut and use a drill on a slow setting to grind the beans. This should keep the center burr more centered during coarse grinding for my French press. If it still has issues I'll buy the bearing upgrade from orphan espresso. This grinder is apparently awesome for all types of grinds. It's only downfall is that it's manual. A drill or electric screwdriver should fix that. Lol